Friday, October 28, 2011

An Entry with No Clear Focus or Purpose, but Still a Pretty Ok Time. Life Metaphor? Maybe.

I wanted to write something today, but had no ideas. Not even a flicker of inspiration. In truth, I've been sitting here writing one sentence then erasing it and replacing it with another one that then gets erased just like its predecessor. This is as far as I've gotten with any of my thoughts, so I'm just going to roll with it.

I guess I could share some of the options I tossed around before, apparently, totally quitting on a "themed" entry and letting the ramble live freely.

1. What I think of when I listen to "Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)" by Jay-Z.
2. The "Why" I give myself when I don't have a real one.
3. Pumpkin Flavored EVERYTHING

My feet are exceptionally cold right now, but I'm letting them stay that way because I once heard that the brain functions at a higher capacity when the body is cold. I need all the brain functionality I can squeeze out. We probably all do.

I think the reason I'm failing so badly at this is because I am listening to one song over and over again that makes me feel like I'm dying. Like it's being sung from my cells, taking something from me. Here's the YouTube link for it so you can listen too. You're probably not going to like it because it's creepy.
I Never Learnt to Share

Actually there's your theme. Me sharing links with you. GET EXCITED.

"Contemplative Breakfast Cat"- Updated daily, this cat has some thoughts at breakfast. Very funny.
Contemplative Breakfast Cat

Great cartoons. Also updated daily.
Married to the Sea

More cartoons, updated daily (I'm starting to feel embarrassed).
Natalie Dee

"The Daily What"- I think the title pretty much speaks for itself.
The Daily What

I'm already tired of doing that. I think I'll have a shower. I also think that both the physical and mental benefits of showering are not considered enough in the everyday life of most people. Bad day? Hot shower. Good day? Hot shower. It really works any way you want to look at it.

Oh dear, I'm still typing.

I let my iTunes move on to a different song, and it chose "Blister in the Sun". Yeah iTunes, great song. Especially for a shower.

2 comments:

  1. That new post on "the daily what" got me so peeved man. i watched the video too and i just started to boil inside with my hatred for fucking cops. that guy maintained such a cool, i would have cried or bitten somebody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and pumpkin flavored everything would get old after a while, but could be awesome for most likely 2.3 weeks...and its Robyn that's leaving you all these comments :)

    ReplyDelete